Monday, November 15, 2010

Homemade Doggie Bed

I needed to make a dog bed for my daughters dog. This bed is going to go in his dog house that is outside.  I need to get rid of my boxes and boxes of fabric, but a lot of it is scraps. Since this bed was going outside I thought it was a good opportunity to use up some of those scraps. The dimensions of the bed are approximately 3'x 3 1/2 '. I sewed a pillow from a bed skirt that I purchased for 50 cents at Liquidation World. I stuffed it with quilting batting. Then I sewed the scrap fleece to form a pillow case. After each seam, I sewed a reinforcing zigzag stitch to reinforce the seam as I plan on washing the pillow case often. Here is how it turned out.....

It is not the greatest looking bed - I wasn't going for a designing award by any means. It is warm, cozy, and FRUGAL! If you don't have scrap fleece from past sewing projects -  take a boo in your closet for fleece shirts that have not been worn in years.

Here it is in the dog house. My daughters dog loves it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Of course, what a great site and informative post. I will bookmark this site. Keep doing your great job and always gain my support. Thank you for sharing this beautiful article.

    ReplyDelete