Friday, April 29, 2011

What You Mean to Me - Deluxe Mother's Day Card


These cards are actually called envelope albums. I made an album for my mom for her birthday (pictured above) and I made an album for my mother in-law for Mother's Day (pictured below). I can't say enough about how well these cards went over. What mother doesn't want in writing how her child feels about her?

I have a tutorial on how to make these HERE on a post called - Gift Idea for Dad.


Fill your album with pictures, quotes, memories and feelings. The picture above is one of the pocket pull outs I made. 


A picture that I didn't put in the tutorial was the envelopes and how they went together. I used three envelopes for my album, you can use more. Glue the flap to the back of the other envelope to make the album. Basically, you will cover this with paper, including making pages for the pockets. 


Here is a picture of an album (the one I gave my husband for an anniversary card) to give you an idea of how it is laid out. The top picture is the pocket side up - and the bottom picture is the pocket side down. 
The "pocket side up" pages, I added little pockets with a quote on each pocket, and then a tag inside each pocket that included memories, compliments, and heartfelt thanks. 


And when it is all folded this is what it looks like.

Here is a PDF file of the Mother related quotes I used in the album...

Mother Quotes

I hope this gives you some inspiration for Mother's Day.
Thanks for stopping by!

Linked up to



7 comments:

  1. They are just lovely. I'm sure they were thrilled to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! I have a ton of extra envelopes that would work perfect for this. This is something my daughter could help make for grandma too. Thanks for sharing how to do it. Visiting from TT&J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS tutorial!! I can't wait to try it!! They all look amazing!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sue! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS tutorial!! I can't wait to try it!!for Gift Card envelopes..thanks you share it.

    ReplyDelete