Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sugar Cookie Hand Scrub


My daughter gave home made sugar cookie hand scrub gifts at Christmas, complete with home made lotion. Of all the varieties of hand scrubs one can make, I am drawn to the sugar cookie one. I am not sure if it is the name, or the sweet scent that comes from it - but this is definitely my favorite. I thought these would make sweet little Valentine gifts to pamper some ladies. I found the recipe on the Self.com
web site. They call it a body scrub - I package it up as a hand scrub, but the recipients of the gift can use it for whatever they want.
I put the scrub into small mason jars. I made labels by cutting a circle out of kraft card stock, machine sewing a line for words, I cut out a burlap heart and sewed a heart button on it. I inked the edges and adhered the label to the metal lid. I got the idea on Pinterest. The lady who makes them has an Etsy shop. You have got to see her mason jar labels - they are adorable CLICK HERE.

I tied a little wooden spoon on with jute (as I like to stir my hand scrub before I use it), and this makes an adorable, no calorie Valentine treat!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to...


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing it. Where did you get the little wooden spoons though?

    ReplyDelete